shabby background

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Deadly Snake

His words crumbled my smile like ancient rigid bread
Steering my thoughts
Like a car, tires exploding, engine rattling and out of control
I felt my heart rip into two, one side for him, the other wallowing with hate
My knees felt like jello about to collapse from the unsought weight of pain
As he walked away, I fell
The ground so far away I could have sworn it disappeared under my agony
Like it was afraid to feel what I felt, I would have run away too
I laid there exhausted with burning torment
The air turned colder as if to cool me down
Like it cared whether or not I blew up in a massive mountain of flames
I felt dead, like I belonged six feet under in the nearest graveyard
As if I were a living zombie, just waiting for a time to strike
I returned home, it felt like a million years later
Reading through the old letter he sent me, the old pictures we took
Tears falling down, like dying stars do in the sky
He is a poisonous snake, deadly and vicious
Something you would never see coming
Before it bit you
Before it took your last breath away



No comments:

Post a Comment